Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Week in Utah

It has been an adjustment time in Utah.  I am looking forward to starting work and staying way more busy.  I have been out a few times on the bike and the racing chair to get my training in but have not found good non busy ways to get to the trails without driving.  That has thrown a little hitch in my training schedule so we will see how the Twin Cities Marathon goes next weekend.  I did a few cool things this week.  On Sunday I went and checked out a small church in Park City.  I think I was one of seven people in attendance.  It was cool to meet people and be a part of a Sunday church here in Utah.  After church I went and checked out the Park City museum.  It was really cool and it showed the history of the mining town and how recreation and different things have turned it into a resort town.  Here I am getting ready to blow something up.

 Yesterday I decided I wanted to head to Salt Lake City to see what that was all about.  I drove downtown and checked out the Temple Square where the Church of Latter Day Saints is located.  It was interesting to see all the buildings and different beliefs they hold too.  I was able to meet a couple from Indiana near Lafayette.  It was funny that we were so far from home but had that in common.  Here is the temple that they worship in.  You have to be a member in good standing to go into the building so I just got some shots of the outside.  It is huge and was built in the late 1800's.  It was an interesting experience to see and talk to some people.

So it has been a good week for sure.  I am looking forward to the work starting one week from tomorrow.  I am putting together an account to put together all my pictures so I will put that link on here next time so you can browse some more of the pictures I have been able to take in my time out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment