Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Finally some good weather for training and racing

Here is my racing chair in the hotel all geared up for my first race in Boulder, CO over Memorial Day weekend.  It was a 10k with about 12 wheelchair athletes in the mix.  It was a really good weekend and I had a pretty good race coming in fourth and starting the race season a bit later than usual.  It has warmed up a bit here in Park City and my training and races should pick up in the days ahead.
 This was the finish area at the University of Colorado Boulder football field.  Here is a guy that jumped out of a plane delivering the flag for the closing ceremonies of the race.  The elite men and women runners started the race at about 11.  This was after my shower, breakfast and a short nap before I got out to watch the finish of the race.  The place was pretty packed.  It was a cool finish to the days racing festivities.
 Here is a view of some of Boulder.  This was a picture I took after killing some time at a mall near my hotel.  Pretty cool views from the road and town in general.
I went and drove a marathon course the other day and this was one of the mountain run off zones from the snow melt.  They are popping up everywhere around.  I am going to do this course on Saturday and hopefully record on of my better times.  I will pass this at about mile 20 or so.  Hopefully I still have enough gas in the tank to push the last 6.2 at a fast pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment