Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mom Week

My mom was able to come out during her spring break last week.  We had a great time together and it was great showing her around Park City.  She was able to be out here for six days and she was able to ski five of those days.
Last Sunday we were expecting snow so we went out pretty early and enjoyed some fresh powder on the mountain.  It was a great day.  Monday turned out to be even better with more fresh snow.  It was pretty windy but we had a great first two days on the snow.  Tuesday was a day I had to do some stuff in the office so she checked out some of the cool stuff to do in Park City.  She spent most of the day downtown.  That evening I was able to show her a cool restaurant downtown.

Wednesday she was able to ski with me as I taught some lessons.  Here is one of my favorite students along with Laura.  We both got to work with this student this session.  It was pretty cool showing my mom what we do during lessons and how we work with different people.

I was able to take Thursday off and we went skiing once again!  The morning was a bit icy and she was able to witness a hefty fall.  She even got it on camera.  It is definitely not a highlight but you can watch me take a good spill.  My shoulder was hating me for the next few days for sure.
Friday was even better.  She got to ski in the morning and then she went back to get her stuff ready to head home that evening.  It was an awesome week.  She spoiled me by cooking some good food and just hanging out.  Thanks mom for coming out and spending the week with me.  I had a blast and just for the record I ordered all the awesome weather we both enjoyed!  It was an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment