Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

It was Thanksgiving weekend this week and the snow was falling and about half of the lifts are open at Park City Mountain Resort.  I now have seven days of skiing under my belt and my body is getting used to some of the tumbles and runs on the mountain.  Here I am on the mountain.

On Thursday the resort was open so I met some people I work with to go skiing.  It was bitter cold, but it was Thanksgiving and I was thankful to ski.  After we did some runs and warmed up I went home and watched some football and then we all met at Amanda, Erin and Erica's house to do the Thanksgiving meal.  There were nine of us that got together.  We all brought something to share for the meal.  Here is my plate.  It was a good time of eating and then we played some games after.


Friday morning I got up early and went to the resort again and was able to work out with Rip and Sue.  They are the National Ability Center's ski team coaches.  We did about five runs together and they gave me some great pointers on making my ski turns faster and more race worthy.  It was awesome getting some coaching insight on my skiing.  I have a lot to work on but now I know what skills to focus on.  I went out again this afternoon after church and really worked on getting those turns fast and smooth.  I ate it good a handful of times today.  I will be sore tomorrow.  We start our ski instructor training tomorrow.  It goes the whole week so it should be really good learning instructor techniques and being on mountain.

Here is Toby.  He is really struggling to find good places to walk in the snow.  His legs are just a little to short.  He enjoys eating the snow and would rather stay on the plowed areas.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you're loving the slopes! Visit www.parkcityinfo.com for more 'Hot Deals' while you're up here.

    ReplyDelete