Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Utah Jazz

This week on Tuesday I had the opportunity to do my first speaking arrangement with Ryan.  Ryan is the marketing and outreach director and we went to the FBI headquarters in Salt Lake City.  They were presenting organizations that the company and individuals can choose to donate a portion of their earnings to certain organizations.  I was able to share how adaptive sports in general can help promote an active lifestyle.  We highlighted the Wounded Warrior Project and how adaptive sports can help wounded veterans in their lifestyle after an injury.  We had to check all of our electronics at the beginning of our stay with the FBI but right before we left I snapped a picture of the Top10 FBI Most Wanted.  Hopefully my name won't be on there for sneaking the picture.

On Wednesday night Caleb and I were able to go to the Utah Jazz game.  Caleb is a fall intern at the National Ability Center.  It was a cool game.  They played Toronto and easily took care of them.  We got to see Gordon Hayward.  He was the Butler player who almost made the last second shot in the game against Duke in the NCAA Finals. 

 Here is another shot from our seats.  A girl at work has season tickets and was not able to go because of class so she gave them to us. 
Well it was not much of a picture week.  The snow is supposed to come this week so we can only hope to be skiing by the end of the month.  I hope to find out about a grant I wrote for a ski this coming week as well so that will be really good if I find out as soon as I can.  On other good news, Notre Dame did not lose this weekend so we can only hope for them to take care of a bruised and battered Utah team that totally biffed here in Salt Lake this weekend so we will see.

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering... did you notice the last guy on the TOP 10 list is James J. Bulger?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben,

    Did you used to go to Midwestern Baptist in Omaha?

    Hope you're doing well!
    Stephen

    stephenkroft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete