Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Snow

This weekend was the first snow.  It has been raining all weekend here in Park City but you can see the snow on the mountains above through the fog and haze of all the clouds.  I was watching the Denver Broncos game on TV this afternoon and they showed some of the resorts open there.  It will be very soon when the mountains are open!

Friday night we went paddle boarding.  It was a cool experience.  My board was broken so I had to sit down but the rest of the group stood on the paddle boards and you just paddled.  It was very similar to a kayak without a skirt or anything on it.  We went right at dusk and paddled for about an hour on The Great Salt Lake so it was very nice and dark when we came back.

 This was the view from The Great Salt Lake before we got out on the water.
 These were a few of the girls in front getting used to paddle boarding.  It was pretty fun to do and only Erin fell in.  I was so glad it was not me.  The people were freaking out that I was on the water and so worried that I would have someone with me the whole time.  I told them I could swim but they did not believe me.
This is a little hard to see but it is all of us about midway through the paddle.  It was pretty dark at this point.

Saturday was good except for the fact that I missed my Irish play once again.  This is killing me with all of these activities on Saturday when all you should be doing is watching your team play but o well they played really bad I hear so I guess I did not miss much.

I will take some pictures of the snow tomorrow when the clouds lift a little.

3 comments:

  1. dude thats looks like a blast, sounds like your having a party out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have to know...were you wearing life jackets?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. paddle boarding .. who would have thought! looks like fun. Thanks for all the pics! I like the blog, good stuff. Scott

    ReplyDelete