Introduction

My name is Ben Hulin, and I am from South Bend, IN. This last year I completed classes at Bethel College and received my Health and Physical Education teaching license in Indiana. I am starting this blog to chart some of my activities. Many of you know that I participate in everything I participated in before my motorcycle accident, but now do them in different ways. This blog will show some of the activities, competitions, and different races I am involved in. Please comment or ask questions as we go. I am more than happy to explain things in detail. Thanks for following.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Race Weekend

Saturday I flew out of Salt Lake City to the Twin Cities in Minnesota.  I had the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday.  I had been relatively lazy in my training since I have moved to Park City with the move and the new job and all.  I finished the race in a less than stellar time but it got done and I was not all that sore today during the day like I thought I would be.  It was a good time and it was nice to spend time with the guys that race.

I was able to see Will and Renee and spend time with them at their house on Saturday.  It was good spending time with them and seeing their six month old son.  It was a good time and Renee made a good meal of pasta.  It was good catching up with them.

The worst part of the weekend was the drive back to the airport after the race.  The stooge that was supposed to know where he was going drove the wrong way and brought us to some random neighborhood.  He then drove the wrong way around the city.  What should have been a 15 minute ride to the airport turned into an hour and a half on the road in all sorts of wrong directions.  Needless to say I missed my flight but was able to get another connecting flight back so I made it home and into work today.

We did more paperwork at work today and then our supervisor sent us out to experience the life of a disability.  Well I thought I had the covered but she took the use of my thumbs away for the duration of the time.  The other people I work with had to ride in wheelchairs and one wore a blindfold to represent blindness and another was not able to speak.  It was interesting but I have already dealt with the looks so it was not different at all for me.  We then spent some time training at the pool and taught some swimming lessons for four different children today.  It was good to involved in some different program areas as well.

It is getting cold in Park City and the radio said today that their might be snow this week so the good times are coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment